Borderlands Fastest Selling Original IP of 2009
Gearbox announced that Borderlands had “the fastest-selling original property video game launch of 2009.” Though it is not a Modern Warfare 2 by far, NPD puts sales figures at 418,000 for Xbox 360 and 113,000 for the Playstation 3.
A PC Patch was released today addressing issues such as characters lost skill points, voicechat, server browser population times and more (details below) and the games’ first expansion, The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, with a cornucopia of zombies and science experiment baddies, available for PS3 and Xbox 360 on November 24. The expansion will eventually be available for PC playing compadres but it is not known when. This will be the first of at least TWO promised expansion DLCs.
Borderlands is a unique, FPSRPG for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
PC Patch, at 184 MB includes:
- Characters that have lost skill points will have the lost points refunded
- Clients will no longer lose proficiency progress upon leaving a co-op game
- Item cards now display the intended five lines of detail text
- Lilith’s Phase strike and melee attacks from Phase Walk now function as intended
- Voicechat: users can now control volume and individually mute players
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused CL4P-TP to stop progressing during the introduction
- Server browser population times have been improved
- Server information should now always display the correct plot mission
- Benchmarking feature now works as intended
- Nvidia 3D Vision visuals now render shadows correctly (requires minimum 195.28 drivers, available from nVidia)