Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition Announced
The latest in the Fallout series, Fallout: New Vegas, is headed to PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 this Fall and will be released with a Collector’s Edition.
Fallout: New Vegas is being developed by Obsidian who was responsible for Fallout 2, but not Fallout 3, and will build on the franchise’s fictional history. According to project director Josh Sawyer, in Fallout: New Vegas, you start out by being shot in the head, dumped in the desert, rescued by a mysterious robot named Victor, and taken to Good Springs. You then get drawn in a conflict between New California Republic and Caesar’s Legion.
- “Lucky 7” poker chips. Each of the seven poker chips was designed to represent chips from the major casinos found on the New Vegas strip and throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
- A fully customized Fallout: New Vegas deck of cards. Each card in the pack has been uniquely illustrated to depict characters and factions found within the game. Use the cards to play poker, blackjack or Caravan, an original card game that was created by Obsidian especially for New Vegas!
- A recreation of the game’s highly coveted “Lucky 38” platinum chip.
- A hardcover graphic novel “All Roads”, that tells the story of some of the characters and events that lead up to Fallout: New Vegas. “All Roads” was written by Chris Avellone, the game’s creative director, and created in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics.
- ‘The Making of Fallout: New Vegas’ DVD. This documentary DVD will contain exclusive video content, including interviews with the developers in which they take you from concept to creation and discuss topics such as story, setting, legacy of the Fallout franchise and more.
Fallout: New Vegas is expected to release Fall 2010 for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. The Collector’s Edition will run $70 for PC and $80 for consoles.