God of War III Ultimate Edition and Pre-Order Items Announced
Sony and Santa Monica Studios revealed the God of War III Ultimate Edition today. Taking advice from polls of God of War fans, the new Ultimate Edition will include a collector’s replica of Pandora’s box, an art book, and exclusive digital content. This all comes at a cost though; the Ultimate Edition will set wallets back $100.
According to the official announcement, the Ultimate Edition will feature the following:
• High-End Sculpted Replica of Pandora’s Box
• Limited-Edition God of War Art Book featuring exclusive art, content and interviews
Exclusive Digital Content (Available via PlayStation Network voucher codes on day of launch)
• God of War Combat Arena containing an exclusive environment and seven challenges
• Premium Kratos Skin – Dominus
• God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary – a full-length movie documentary depicting the history of the God of War franchise
• God of War Trilogy Soundtrack – God of War, II, and III scores from the game (mp3 digital download).
• God of War: Blood and Metal EP – a heavy metal homage featuring original music inspired by God of War (mp3 digital download).
It was also announced that those who pre-order God of War III will receive a voucher code to download God of War III E3 2009 Demo starting today, and those that order from Amazon, GameCrazy and GameStop will receive an exclusive downloadable skin.
As a bonus, randomly selected fans from those who signed up at www.GodofWar.com will be receiving emails with one free voucher code to download the demo early.
God of War III will be available for the Playstation 3 in April of 2010.