Spore Hero for Wii and Spore Hero Arena for DS will be released October 6, 2009 in North American and October 9th internationally.
Spore Hero will be an action/adventure type game where Spore Hero Arena (as you guessed) is centered around combat.
According to the Spore website:
KEY FEATURES For Spore Hero Arena:
- Create your own Hero with over 150 parts and powers, now for the first time in 3-D on the DS!
- Fight dangerous enemies in arenas across the galaxy, from all – out 4 creature “Battle Royales”, to capture the crown “King of the Planet” challenges, and much more!
- Summon over 15 devastating Bio-Power attacks, from lightning strikes to deadly ground stomps!
- Brawl with your friends in 4 player wireless and 2 player Wi-Fi action!
- Play an original Spore story, in the same galaxy as Spore Hero for Wii. Travel to a variety of planets, completing missions, and challenging opponents who have been corrupted by an evil power. Fight to become the ultimate Spore Hero and save the galaxy
KEY FEATURES for Spore Hero:
- Create and evolve your own hero with over 250 collectable parts and special abilities. Spore’s revolutionary Creature Creator is brought to life with Wii enhanced controls!
- Fight using your Wii Remote as you spit poison, fire spikes, dive bomb, and bite your enemies! Unlock combos and new fighting skills as you take on dangerous creatures all over the planet!
- Play against a friend as you bring your wildest Spore creatures into battle in versus multiplayer action!
- Explore a vast new world filled with hidden parts, thrilling quests, and more in this new Spore Adventure!