Starcraft II Gets Collector’s Edition
Blizzard announced that Starcraft II will be shipping in both standard and collector’s editions on its release sometime this year. The collector’s edition will come with an art book, a copy of the original StarCraft, a behind-the-scenes DVD, a comic book, and other items.
According to Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime, “We’ve been looking forward to revisiting the StarCraft universe with our players for over 10 years, and we wanted to offer an epic collector’s edition that commemorated the occasion. This special version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty — easily our biggest collector’s edition to date — does just that, and we think StarCraft II gamers will really enjoy all of the exclusive contents.”
Blizzard’s checklist for the Collector’s Edition:
- The Art of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, a 176-page book featuring artwork from the game
- 2GB USB flash drive replica of Jim Raynor’s dog tag, which comes preloaded with the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion set
- Behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, cinematics with director’s commentary, and more
- Official StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty soundtrack CD, containing 14 epic tracks from the game along with exclusive bonus tracks
- StarCraft comic book issue #0 (a prequel to the comic series)
- World of Warcraft mini Thor in-game pet that can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account
- Exclusive Battle.net downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the terran Thor unit
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty, is currently in closed beta. The Collector’s Edition will run $99.99 with the standard edition at $59.99 for PC and Mac with a digital release coming after the retail release. The details of when the official release will be is expected in a couple of weeks. You can pre-order today by clicking the Amazon link below.