TF2 Classless Update Day 3
For those of you who haven’t heard yet (the update is a day late due to technical difficulties) the Day 3 announcement for the Classless update included more maps!
Arena Sawmill will be revamped in the update to be their third official Capture the Flag map. Those familiar with the map will notice that two side access routes have been blocked off (to concentrate gameplay), and a building near each spawn point is now accessible.
Besides all the new content and goodies, the TF2 website listed these additonal additions/changes/fixes with the update (Go forth and update TF2 folks!):
Additions / Changes:
- Added “Auto Reload” option to the multiplayer advanced options.
- Clip-based weapons that reload a full clip at a time can now have their reloads aborted by firing.
- Pistol now fires at a fixed rate, not based on the speed at which you press the firing button.
- Added a color blind option to add a Jarate icon above enemies who are busy accepting a terrifying existence where they have no dignity.
- Significantly reduced the amount of network traffic being sent.
- Capturing the flag in a CTF game mode gives the entire capturing team 10 seconds of critboost.
- Sappers attached to a teleporter automatically place another Sapper on the other end of the teleporter, if it exists.
- Engineers wrenching a teleporter will repair the other end as well, and remove Sappers from both if they exist.
- Disguised Spies no longer trigger On-Hit effects (like the Blutsauger’s heal).
- Removed self-inflicted minicrits. Fixes Jarate’d Soldiers/Demomen having ineffective rocket/grenade jumps.
- Added an item panel to the spectator cam that shows non-standard items being carried by the player you’re spectating.
- Added an “Inspect” key that allows you to look at items being carried by your team mates.
- Backpack improvements:
- Cloaked Spies standing in valid backstab positions no longer raise their knife.
- Added current map name and gametype to the bottom right of scoreboard.
- Added class icons to tips on the loadout and loading screens.
- Improved visuals around flags when they’re being carried by a player.
- Improved critboosted visuals, making it much clearer when an enemy has critboost.
- Updated the loading panel to show the game type under the map name during level transition.
- In-game chat dialog now supports full Unicode characters.
- Added BLU main menu background.
- Added response caching for some server queries to help reduce the CPU load from DOS attacks.
- Teammates no longer block friendly radius damage. Prevents nearby teammates causing rocket/grenade jumps to fail.
– Added multi-select, allowing you to delete multiple items at once.
– Added a new key to the key binding page that opens your inventory directly to your backpack.
– Fixed mouseover panel being incorrectly position when the backpack first appears.
- Update PLR_Pipeline
- Update Arena_Sawmill
- Updated CP_Granary
– Fixed carts not continuing to the second round if they’re capped at the same time in the first round.
– Fixed being able to shoot pipebombs over the starting gates in the first round.
– Fixed being able to open the doors in the first round before the setup time was finished.
– Fixed players getting stuck in some doors.
– Fixed players being able to get onto rooftops and out of the map boundaries.
– Fixed other minor bugs and exploits.
– Fixed exploit with building teleporters outside of the map.
- The Force of Nature
- The Sandman
– Enemies cannot be juggled by the FaN’s effect.
– The self-knockback has also changed to respect the firer’s view angle. Looking up while shooting will no longer propel the enemy upwards.
– Knockback is now scaled by damage done.
– Stunned players now take 75% of all incoming damage instead of 50%.
– Übercharged players can no longer be stunned.
– Heavies spinning their mini-guns will continue to spin when stunned (whether the left or right mouse button is pressed).
– The minimum distance to stun a target has been reduced.
– The negative attribute has changed from “no double jump” to “-30 max health”.
- Fixed various issues around layout & presentation of items inside the Backpack and “X is carrying” item dialogs.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to work around sv_pure.
- Particle files are now protected by sv_pure.
- Fixed critboost effect getting stuck on when you die while critboosted.
- Fixed Timer HUD element backgrounds not being the correct color if you change teams during waiting for players.
- Fixed a couple of issues with the way critboosts affected The Huntsman and the Spy’s knife.
- Fixed an exploit where you could reload The Huntsman faster than intended.
- Fixed Heavy “civilian” exploit.
- Fixed a set of exploits using the DXSupport config files.
- Fixed r_screenfademinsize and r_screenfademaxsize exploits.
- Fixed sentries firing at a fully cloaked Spy if they’re still the closest target.
- Added a HUD element for hybrid CTF & CP maps.
- Added custom kill server log text “train” and “saw” for deaths caused by these environmental hazards.
- Added new “medic_death” event for server logs
- Added “func_respawnflag” trigger entity. It will remove & return the flag if a flag carrier touches it, or if the flag falls into it.
– Mapmakers need to place a “tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp” entity in their map to enable it.
– healing is the amount the Medic healed in that life
– ubercharge (1/0) is whether they died with a full charge