Last Chance to Win Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunters Edition This Weekend
This is the last weekend to for a chance to win the uber rare Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition featuring an art book and the coveted Purba Knife. Sony will be giving away another 30 FHE’s this weekend to randomly selected players who play the game online from Friday through Sunday, October 17.
See the rules below:
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed to register in this contest if you are not a legal resident of the 50 United States or D.C. at the time of entry.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves™ Fortune Hunter Edition
Post Launch Sweepstakes
Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited.
1. Eligibility. The Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition Post Launch Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. Sponsor. Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing. The Promotion begins on October 16, 2009 at 12:01 a.m. PST and ends on October 18, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. PST (“Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter. Internet access, a PlayStation®Network account, a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and a copy of the video game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are required to enter the Promotion. Entrants may use an existing PlayStation®Network account or create a new account. To create an account go to the PlayStation®Network menu from a PS3™ XMB and choose “Sign up for PlayStation®Network.” Create an account by entering the required information. Once an account has been created, Entrants must log on to the PlayStation®Network and launch the game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves from their PlayStation 3 system. To enter the Promotion and have a chance to win, Entrant must launch the game, go to the online lobby, select the Matchmaking icon and join any open match. By joining a match, Entrant is entered into the Promotion for that day.
5. Entry Conditions and Release. Entrants may participate in as many matches as they wish but are entered in the Promotion only once per Promotion Period day and may win only once. Entries are good only for the day of entry and will not carry over to any remaining days. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant.
6. Winner Selection. Sponsor will award ten (10) prizes every day during the Promotion Period for a combined total of thirty (30) prizes. Ten winning Entrants will be selected in daily random drawings from among all eligible entries received for each day during the Promotion Period. Drawings will be held at approximately 12:00 p.m. PST on October 19, 2009. Winning Entrants’ PlayStation®Network online IDs will be posted on www.naughtydog.com and www.blog.us.playstation.com between October 23, 2009 and October 30, 2009. Sponsor will notify winning Entrants via the email address associated with each Entrant’s PlayStation®Network account between October 23, 2009 and October 30, 2009. All potential winning Entrants selected must respond to Sponsor’s notification within 120 hours (5 days) to claim their prize. If a potential winning Entrant does not respond within this time, Sponsor may select an alternate winning Entrant and notify that Entrant per the process described above. This method will continue until all prizes have been claimed.
7. General Conditions and Releases. Potential winner is subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winner must comply with the Official Rules’ terms and conditions, and receipt of the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the PlayStation®Network account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person owning, controlling or assigned the email address associated with the PlayStation®Network account used to enter the Promotion. Sponsor may require the potential winner to prove he or she is the authorized account holder, and Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion in determining who is the authorized account holder for the purposes of awarding Promotion prizes.
8. Prizes. Thirty (30) prizes total for the Promotion Period. Each prize consists of one copy of the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition, which includes a copy of the video game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, a phurba dagger collectible replica and an artbook. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $300.00. Prize fulfillment is based on availability. Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize is unavailable. If a prize is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable, Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to disqualify a winning Entrant and select an alternate winner. If a winning Entrant is a minor, then Sponsor will award the prize to that Entrant’s parent or legal guardian. Prizes are non-transferable, and Sponsor need not substitute a prize based on winner’s request. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the prize.
9. Odds of Winning. Odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received.
10. Publicity. By accepting a prize, a winning Entrant agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness for purposes of advertising, trade or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, and agrees, if required, to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability (the “Affidavit”) within a period that Sponsor specifies.
11. Limitations of Liability. By attempting to enter, entering or accepting a Promotion prize, an Entrant agrees to release Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions and affiliates from liability, claims or actions or any kind for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property that may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from the Promotion or any Promotion or prize-related activity. Neither Sponsor nor its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes or expenses that winners might incur or inflict as a result of this Promotion or receipt of prize.
12. Promotion Results. Sponsor will post a list of winning Entrants’ PlayStation®Network IDs on www.blog.us.playstation.com and www.naughtydog.com beginning on or about October 23, 2009. The list will remain on those sites until approximately October 30, 2009 at 12:00 p.m. PST. To obtain a winner’s list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Fortune Hunter Edition Post Launch Sweepstakes Winner’s List, Attn: Promotions, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 2nd Floor, Foster City, CA 94404. Sponsor will fulfill a winner’s list request within 4-6 weeks after it awards prizes. Requests for the winner’s list must be received by November 30, 2009.
14. Restrictions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.