The Saboteur Sees Patch Fixing ATI Issues
A beta patch for The Saboteur is hoping to fix ATI graphics compatibility issues. The patch is to fix freezing issues with ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, and 5000 series video cards on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Vista.
What’s left of Pandemic Studios (disbaneded and consolidated) promised to also fix “significant streaming issues” with quad-core CPU’s in the next patch. Until then, they offer this workaround:
Recommended Game-only steps for Quad core users only:
Windows 7 and Vista
- Boot the game.
- Wait for the main menu to load, then press Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
- Select Start Task Manager.
- If the game is visible, press Alt-Tab, otherwise continue to the next step.
- Inside the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab.
- Find Saboteur.exe, right-click it, and select Set AffinityÃ¢ï¿½Â¦
- De-select CPU 2 and CPU 3.
- Click OK.